Friday, March 11, 2011

Speaking of Antiques~Double Feature~Starring Helen Thomas





My guess is that Helen could be Phoenician, a heritage that goes back thousands of years. In recent studies, dna samples indicated that one third of the Lebanese have the genetic signature of the Phoenicians.

I was fortunate enough to meet a Phoenician when I was in Beirut in 1965. We sit in a coffee house for hours as he explained his heritage. He told me that Beirut was sitting on Phoenician ruins going back to ancient times and all about it being the center of trade for the Mediterranean Sea.

I spent some time on Google this morning, and found Phoenicia.org, which re-enforces what he was telling me back then, but here I am, off subject as usual, so will close with a question. What color are Helens eyes? G%

No comments:

Post a Comment