February 6 Rally in Salem: NO LNG in Oregon!
Oregon must come together on February 6 to let Governor Kulongoski and your state representatives know that we are UNITED AGAINST LNG!
There are 3 LNG projects proposed for the Oregon coast.
· If even one should get built, it will increase Oregon's
greenhouse gas emissions by millions of tons per year.
· These projects will cost billions, money that could be spent on clean, renewable energy.
· The terminals and pipelines linking them to California will endanger communities, cross and condemn hundreds of miles of land, and destroy habitat.
· LNG is not needed in Oregon; even the Governor admits that
most of the gas is going out of state.
· Ask yourself: Why is Oregon being chosen for LNG that will go
LNG Woes in BostonLiquefied natural gas tankers traveling through Boston Harbor carry volatile cargo and are terrorists targets. Sixty times a year, these floating bombs steam past thousands of homes and 500,000 residents who are in constant danger. We want these dangerous ships out of Boston Harbor.
VIDEO: LNG danger in Boston Harbor