Saturday, October 18, 2008

Michelle Bachman R Minn revives McCarthyism



McCarthyism

Joseph Raymond McCarthy (November 14, 1908 – May 2, 1957) was an American politician who served as a Republican U.S. Senator from the state of Wisconsin from 1947 until his death in 1957. Beginning in 1950, McCarthy became the most visible public face of a period of intense anti-communist suspicion inspired by the tensions of the Cold War. He was noted for making claims that there were large numbers of Communists and Soviet spies and sympathizers inside the federal government and elsewhere. Ultimately, McCarthy's tactics and his inability to substantiate his claims led to his being discredited and censured by the United States Senate. The term "McCarthyism," coined in 1950 in reference to McCarthy's practices, was soon applied to similar anti-communist pursuits. Today the term is used more generally to describe demagogic, reckless, and unsubstantiated accusations, as well as public attacks on the character or patriotism of political opponents.

Salon

The Palins' un-American activities

Imagine if the Obamas had hooked up with a violently anti-American group in league with the government of Iran.

By David Talbot

Oct. 7, 2008 | "My government is my worst enemy. I'm going to fight them with any means at hand."

This was former revolutionary terrorist Bill Ayers back in his old Weather Underground days, right? Imagine what Sarah Palin is going to do with this incendiary quote as she tears into Barack Obama this week.

Only one problem. The quote is from Joe Vogler, the raging anti-American who founded the Alaska Independence Party. Inconveniently for Palin, that's the very same secessionist party that her husband, Todd, belonged to for seven years and that she sent a shout-out to as Alaska governor earlier this year. ("Keep up the good work," Palin told AIP members. "And God bless you.")

AIP chairwoman Lynette Clark told me recently that Sarah Palin is her kind of gal. "She's Alaskan to the bone ... she sounds just like Joe Vogler."

So who are these America-haters that the Palins are pallin' around with?

Before his strange murder in 1993, party founder Vogler preached armed insurrection against the United States of America. Vogler, who always carried a Magnum with him, was fond of saying, "When the [federal] bureaucrats come after me, I suggest they wear red coats. They make better targets. In the federal government are the biggest liars in the United States, and I hate them with a passion. They think they own [Alaska]. There comes a time when people will choose to die with honor rather than live with dishonor. That time may be coming here. Our goal is ultimate independence by peaceful means under a minimal government fully responsive to the people. I hope we don't have to take human life, but if they go on tramping on our property rights, look out, we're ready to die."

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is where I actually envy the Godless who have to render no account for their actions. If I were not restrained by the Spirit of Christ, I would have absolutely no problem blowing elitist brains to Kingdom-Come. There was a time when I had the survival-at-any-cost mentality, and the cache of weaponry to back it up. I still know where there are remote and hard-to-find places on Earth, and the only way into them is past a gun sight. I also know those that still have that mindset, and they are, indeed, very committed, if not slightly unbalanced, individuals who have simply had enough with the establishment and it's bullshit.

    One of these, a certain fellow (whose precise location even I am not privy to) who is armed to the teeth and becoming more and more militant by the day, vows that he will kill anyone who tries to take him. He is an expert outdoorsman, and knows the land like bankers know a young boy's asshole. I wouldn't want to be the lawman charged with bringing him in. I have tried (through an intermediary) to reason with him, but he's adamant. I confess that sometimes I'd like to join him.

    These things must and will come to pass. Society will be brought to it's knees, and I realize I'm alone in that assertion, but being alone in something isn't a first for being proven right in the end. The election is over, here in Canada, and with the predicted results. No changes. The same will result in the USA. Policy is determined by a cadre of self-appointed messiahs, not by the sheeple or any "democratic" vote.

    If there were a way off of this fucking planet that preceded what must inevitably come to pass, I'd take it, and I could do it without a backward glance. I have no pleasure in anything that happens here, anymore, and my indifference increases proportionately with the trillion$ that the bankers rake in off of our downtrodden backs, daily. If there were a plunger wired to a massive charge under the mantle of this planet, I'd fight to be the first one to push it!

    Screw the world, the elitists, the status-quo... screw 'em all! I'm for starting over, under the rule of God. Man had his chances... blew it... end of story.

    ReplyDelete